Re: SIZE of RF chokes?

Original poster: Mddeming@xxxxxxx In a message dated 11/26/05 3:11:15 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
Original poster: "JT Bowles" <jasotb@xxxxxxxxxxx>

So you are saying it will randomly and sparratically fire faster,
then slower, then faster....and so on?
Not good for my coil. If this is what you meant, im keeping my NST at 120VAC

Any static gap has some variation in its firing interval. At a fixed voltage, the number of pulses in any say 2-second interval is quite consistent. The total number per second increases with voltage, but the length of the conduction period, and the interval between them may vary considerably from cycle to cycle. These spark gap jitters can be seen with a spectrum analyzer and /or waveform analyzer. This is quite normal. A rotary gap has much less variation than static gaps and solid state switching circuits have even less. Eveb at 1`20V, there are some irregularities, it's the nature of the beast.

Matt D.