Re: series or parallel???

Original poster: robert heidlebaugh <rheidlebaugh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Daniel;First of all the primary circuit is series. The question is what is
the power parallel with? For best results the power (nst) is placed parallel
with the spark gap to protect your NST from overvoltage. If you place it
parallel with your capacitor or coil you are subjecting it to the resonont
over voltage of the resonant circuit which can be up to 5x the input
voltage. That can distroy your NST. Acrossx the spark gap you see only the
voltage the gap spacing will allow.
     Robert   H