Re: MOT's wanted

Original poster: "Jon Danniken" <danniken@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> Original poster: Bobby Amaya <dimon20042004@xxxxxxxxx>
>
> Hi everybody,
>
> I am wanting to buy 4 identicle medium to large sized MOT's for $10 a
> piece or a 4-MOT stack. e-mail me off list at
> <mailto:dimon20042004@xxxxxxxxx>dimon20042004@xxxxxxxxx

Robert,

If you can't find anyone to sell them to you (along with paying $$$ for
shipping), call the repair centers around you and ask if you can get broken
ovens; chances are good that one or two of them will be happy to supply you.
Be courteous, professional, and appreciative of their time.

Other good sources are scanning and placing a want listing on your local
craigslist or on your local yahoo freecycle list.  If you are impatient and
want them now, go to your local second hand stores (Goodwill, St. Vinnies,
et cetera); the right store will have piles of big old ovens they will be
happy to sell you for ten bucks each.

Once you get the hang of it, it only takes about 15 to 20 minutes to get the
goodies out of an oven (transformer, cap, diode, maybe fan and relay and
microswitches if they are nice ones), and you can ditch the shell for free
at your local metal scrap yard.

Jon