FW: Warning on DRSSTC's

Original poster: "Hooper, Christopher AZ" <christopher.az.hooper@xxxxxxxxx>

Good day,

I have been reading of the warnings of running coils inside and starting
fires and such from the great list.

Just a FYI that have been running spark gap coils in my garage with no
issues (as long as no sparks hit anything); however, when I tried to run
my 1800 Watt DRSSTC @
http://users.cableaz.com/~chooper/igbt_fullbrige.htm
in the garage;  I killed my garage door opener, my garage stereo (nice
one), and wiped the flash memory on my alarm with no direct spark
contacts. DRSSTC's are nasty machines; furthermore, the wife will not
allow me to run any coils now inside or in the garage......arrrrrrr
..... Just a FYI that may save you some money on replacing blown
equipment.

P.S. one pic on the web page is hitting my AC unit in garage (trying to
keep cool in the 116F in summer), not plugged in and is also dead,
whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa....dang DRSSTC's