Re: Stretching the spark (was RE: Official air breakdown voltage?)

Original poster: Steve Conner <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

> More, space charge and induced charge are produced
> in the gap. The applied
> voltage must "win" them and achieve a net increment
> in the net gap charge.

Does this matter for Tesla coil discharges? I always
thought that because they were AC, and high frequency
at that, the space charge would have no net effect. If
the space charge hindered spark growth on one
half-cycle, surely it would aid growth on the next
half-cycle.

Good luck with the discharge model! I've been trying
to keep up but the maths is all a bit too heavy :-(

Steve Conner