Re: ...another newbie question

Hi Gary,

Sounds like a good solution. I'm curious about the 20A draw with a 15/60 coil. I used 160uf PFC for that configuration and got about 8.7-9 amp draw at the wall plug (real power was about1040-1080 watts) using a SRSG.

Gerry R.

Original poster: "Lau, Gary" <Gary.Lau@xxxxxx>

I use a 120V/15A Variac that used to have breaker tripping problems
whenever I plugged it in, until I added an NTC thermistor.  I don't know
what a CL-60 is, but mine looks like a large black disc capacitor,
Rcold=1.0, Rhot=.015 Ohm.  Works great!  And with my 15/60 with 240uF of
PFC caps, I still pull in excess of 20A on the 140V side of the Variac.

Dennis - was your 20A fuse on the input or output side of the Variac?

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA