Re: Racing Sparks

Original poster: Mark Barlow <barlow_tesla_lst@xxxxxxxxx>

From my personal experience with racing sparks, I have only seen them occur when my Tesla coil is excited at a 3rd or 5th and so on ODD Harmonic. To fix this I increased the size of my capacitor bank and primary coil this lowered the frequency down to the 1st harmonic of the coil and stopped the racing sparks. Hope this helps and good luck!

- Mark

Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote: Original poster: tesla popp

I just set up my "Devian" coil. This coil was originally designed to be very small and powerful. the problem is that i cant even power it up 15% without the sparks racing across the secondaries surface. I have 5 coats of poly on it already. I also played with to toroid in some failed attempt to fix the problem.

How can i get sparks to stop racing across the
surface?