Re: Qs on Using Modern TV Flybacks

Original poster: Rich Simpson <richcreations@xxxxxxxxx>

Hi Jeff,
I know it does not help with your flybacks, but I was wanting to
build something simular using a flyback I had, I built a 555 based
driver circuit, but eventually gave up, and used an automotive
ignition coil, they are really cheap, only about $20 new, I got some
for free from a junk yard, they put out more current then a flyback,
and plenty of voltage (30-80kv depending on the coil).
makes a nice 12v Jacob's ladder, pulls about 10A@12v DC for my setup.
-Rich