Re: rotery sync cap vs static capacitor differance> asap please

With a SRSG, 2.8*Cres is often recommended. I use 55nf for my15KV 120ma source which is slightly on the short side of the recommended 59nf

Gerry R.

Original poster: tesla popp <teslas_lab@xxxxxxxxx>

I've calculated my mmc capacitor for one of the twin
coils I'm making.  Values are as bellow.

I was wondering...  If i use a sync gap at 120bps,
how much would should I increase the capacitor size
for an srsg?

Secondary Coil Design
Diameter of secondary coil : 6.26in
Winding height of secondary coil : 40.00in
Wire diameter for secondary coil : 20awg
Secondary turns : 1250.00

Primary Coil Design
Primary capacitance : 0.0212uF
Primary resonant frequency : 120.11kHz
Primary conductor diameter : 0.38in
Primary turn to turn spacing : 0.05in
diameter: 12"
120.11kHz

Neon Transformer / Primary Capacitor Matching
Transformer secondary voltage : 15.00kV
Transformer secondary current : 120.00mA
Primary capacitor required to form a resonant circuit
at 60Hz with neon transformer(s) : 0.0212uF