Re: SIBNIIE

Original poster: "Dmitry (father dest)" <dest@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hello crazy heads :-D

at last i`ve done it - i`ve visited our institute. the next day they
told me that such institute in Saint-Petersburg had gone - it`s fully
wiped off the face of the earth, i guess because of that the sun was
away when i came - totally away. the atmosphere was dark and morose,
and when i take the camera and start taking photos it began snowing
suddenly - small white pieces, like the white leaves of the flowers
were falling on the earth, in memory of a distant brother...
really weird %-)

so as a result i`ve got rather dark photos of test site (Panasonic
Lumix DMC-FZ10 in automatic mode is _real_ crap - cheap junk :-\), so
i need some time to work with them, i`ve tried, but with small success
by now.

during the telephone conversation with A.S. he told me, i would be able
to take pictures of 7MV MARX, but only distantly. lately (already here -
in SIBNIIE), after approx. an hour (or two %-) dialogue about
streamers/leaders/sparks/corona/charges/fields/e.t.c., i`ve asked:

"can i be allowed INSIDE of the MARX? %%%-)"
A.S. replied:
"i think yes - why not? :-)"

can you imagine - I was inside this incredible man made lightning
machine!!! i just have no words to describe all the magnificence of
this device %-D
the height is 28m, the temp. inside of it is maintained at apppox. +20
degrees - the whole year, not below the +15 even in winter. i`ve reached
the top by the very narrow ladders - the height is not almost felt,
coz the wall of the pipe are situated very close, plus it was very dark
inside the device (i`ll not say why :-P).

at the top there`re some mechanisms and devices, and the place where
a live person situated DURING THE DISCHARGE!!! imo comparing this man`s
experience with Greg`s one, the last is nothing, just toys for kids
:-))) imagine - about 25 spark gaps are firing almost at once
inside the _closed area_, plus after that a deafening clap of thunder
is heard from the 100+ meters spark outside, and about 625kj of energy
below, in capacitors, any of which can explode at any time (and then
you`ll be poisoned with yperite) %%%-)

there`re 113 pictures, i think the next week i`ll finish working on
them. i can send them to Terry, but ONLY if he leaves the comments &
file names AS IS :-P