Re: Scope camera mod.

Original poster: Steve Conner <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

I don't see an easy way to sync the scope's one-shot with triggering the (new) camera. There has to be a connection for triggering the scope from the C53

I believe the camera ought to do two things-

Arm the scope's single sweep mode automatically when you open the shutter (or vice versa- open the shutter when you arm the single sweep) so the film captures exactly one sweep.

Turn the graticule light off while the shutter is open, apart from a short blink just long enough to write the image on the film.

On my R7603 there are three little contacts to the right of the screen and I guess this is what they are for- ground plus each of these two functions.

If your digital camera had a cable release input (mine does) and the C53 had an electromechanical shutter, it should be as easy as connecting a relay coil to the shutter coil and having the relay contacts trigger the camera's cable release button. The camera would be set to "B" so it exposed for as long as the C53 told it to. (presumably the C53 closes its shutter after the single sweep fires.)

Steve Conner http://www.scopeboy.com/