Tube TC

Original poster: "Dan" <DUllfig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

All:

I have been looking at different VTTC's, and noticed that most all of them are variations of the Armstrong tuned grid oscillator. Nowhere is it explained the merits of using such an oscillator. Why isn't the Colpitts, for example, used? what is the advantage? or drawback? has anyone built a VTTC that is wired differently?

It would seem to me that a colpitts oscillator would give you a tuned primary; since the DRSSTC coil works so much better on account of having the primary tank tuned, wouldn't a tuned primary benefit a VTTC also?

By the way, I just bought a 833a tube on ebay, and plan on building a coil around it.

Dan