To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, October 13, 2005 9:55 PM
Subject: RE: Filters for non - NST primary

Original poster: "Lau, Gary" <Gary.Lau@xxxxxx>
Charging current is far higher from a pig and would probably fry the
resistors.  Also, should the cap selection or other variables cause the
charging voltage to go too high, the MOV's would quickly fry.
As far as pigs on the web using chokes, all I can say is don't believe
everything you read on the web.  Pigs are bulletproof compared to NST's
and need no external protection, but you can add chokes if you think
they look nice.
Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA