Re: Recent s.s.t.c work

Original poster: "K. C. Herrick" <kchdlh@xxxxxxx>

Take a look at
http://www.hot-streamer.com/temp/KCH_TCH5.jpg
and
http://www.hot-streamer.com/temp/KCH_TCH5A.jpg
"5" is a new photo like the "4" I previously posted while "5A" is waveforms from a simulation I just ran of a basic IGBT H-bridge driving the 15 uH/400 nF load that I have in the hardware. In 5, the top waveform represents primary current in my hardware & the bottom represents the H-bridge's power-supply current. In 5A, the green waveform represents the load (i.e. primary) current & the blue waveform represents the supply current.

Hardware & simulation show essentially the same waveforms, except, in the hardware, for a) the fuzz at switching-times, b) an offset from the zero line and c) the "squiggle" in the power-supply current about 1 us after the switching times.

Interesting...what's the squiggle, I wonder?

KCH