Re: Sidac TC's (was New type of coil needs a name...)

Hi Peter,

At 03:56 AM 10/17/2005, you wrote:
DF-DRSSTC sounds great.

That is what is is ;-)))

I have made a TC using SIDAC's some time ago using up to 47 in series in place of the spark gap. Recovery time and quenching prevented any significant performance although they work great with ignition coils. I only tried it on my 4 inch coil though and not my 18 inch one which has 1/3 the resonant frequency. As I said once about a year ago - if they bring out a fast SIDAC brick this may change coiling.
http://tesladownunder.com/Solid%20State.htm
This is a Sidac Spark Substitute Solid State Tesla Coil (SSSSSTC).

Cool!!! "S^5TC" :o))

What do you mean by X and Y?

You put a bunch in series to get the voltage, and then put a bunch of stings in parallel to get lots or current. Sort of like an MMC array...

Cheers,

        Terry

Peter
Tesladownunder