Re: RE:Tesla Receiver Coil+++++++

Original poster: Mark Barlow <barlow_tesla_lst@xxxxxxxxx>

Hey Gary,

Glad your interested in the Tesla Receiver Coil! I'm going to put some specs for the receiver, the Tesla Coil, and some of my experimental results on a webpage soon. Hopefully that will all get done this weekend and I can post the link on the list ASAP. Let me know if you have any specs on your receiver coils out on the net.

Thanks
Mark Barlow

Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Original poster: "Gary Peterson"

>Original poster: Mark Barlow

>Just like every Tesla Coiler I love to make the big sparks, but I am
>really more interested in broadcasting electrical energy. I have
>built a receiver coil with a variable capacitor and tuned it to my
>Tesla Coils resonate frequency (about 200kHz). It can light two
>small incandescent 14 volt bulbs from 5 to 6 feet away. Is anyone
>else working on something like this!?

I've been experimenting with receiving transformers on and off since
1989. Most of the time the transmitter has been a low-power
continuous wave SSTC powered by two 12 volt car batteries. The
greatest range for lighting an incandescent lamp (a small Xmas tree
light) so far is 35 feet with about 25 watts input to the TC.

I'm curious to learn what type of TC you're using, and what power
level it's being run at. Also, I'm interested in learning a little
more about your receiver's variable tuning capacitor.

Gary