Re: Propeller Gaps & Timing!

Original poster: Steve Ward <steve.ward@xxxxxxxxx>

If the safety gaps fire after you have achieved an even sounding operation, it means you must slightly retard the phasing of the electrode alignment (move the propellor against the direction of motion). This adjustment is *very* fine in some case (maybe 3-5 degrees). It can make the difference between perfectly smooth operation and rough operation where the safety gap fires often.

Good luck, and keep tuning, SRSGs are worth the extra effort in my opinion. In fact, normal spark gap coils sound "bad" now that im used to SRSGs and then the DRSSTC (which is the closest thing to perfect :P). The random firing of a static gap just sounds bad.

Steve