Re: srsg + mots - happy couple :-)

Original poster: "Dmitry (father dest)" <dest@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hello Paul.

> Original poster: "Paul Benham" <paulb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> I have measured a few mot's before and after shunt removal.  I found that
> the output impedance was around 2k with the shunts and around 600R without.

for my mots (Rpri=2r, Rsec=115r ) 2k it`s about 5.4H, that means the
coupling is 0.98 - the same as i  measured, ok then :-)
and 600r means that coupling has increased to 0.997 - ha, THAT is a
"real" tranny, even too much  (for such geometry i guess), so probably
our mots are not so equal :-D

> As a result I run with the shunts removed on mine.

the question is - what benefit would we have from this (if any)?
coz in my case i need about 40H when the coupling is 0.999 - i`m just
too lazy for this :-)

> MOT's are not the most efficient beasts but they still pack a punch.  The
> best I have achieved is 81" from two MOT's as a power supply.

it`s not a problem to get 81" - the problem is how long your tc
would be working, before the mot`ll  melt down ;-) i`m building
_continuous_ duty psu.