Re: power....Re: Tesla Receiver Coil ..........success?

Original poster: <davep@xxxxxxxx>

>> _power_ determination, in ac circuits, requirwa >> wattmeter, or similar, capable fo handling the >> waveforms/frequncies involved. Ammeter indications >> tell little...

> What is the procedure for determining the RF power input to an SSTC
> operating from a pure DC power supply?
     Complicated.
     8)>>
> Can this be done using a calibrated RF current probe and oscilloscope
> plus an electronic voltmeter?
     Not riogorously, not, in my view, even approximately:
      V*I does not work with AC....
     Especially with complex wave forms, tho I'd think SSTC
     waveforms are less complex than others.
     A digitizing scope is one (the only?) thing that comes to
     mind...

     RF input, while interesting, ignores the losses in getting
     from DC, or power line AC, to 'rf'.

     best
      dwp