Re: Ozone

Original poster: Bert Hickman <bert.hickman@xxxxxxxxxx>

Bill, Ralph and all,

True - and that reminded me of another ozone related problem. I originally used a large rubber band to attach the RF ground to a metal plate on the base of my 10" secondary coil. However, I had to change the design since ozone rapidly destroyed the rubber band. The band rapidly lost elasticity, cracked (looking similar to a tiny dried river bed), and then fell apart within weeks under the onslaught of ozone... :^)

Bert

Tesla list wrote:

Original poster: William Beaty <billb@xxxxxxxxxx>
On Sun, 30 Oct 2005, Tesla list wrote:
 > Original poster: "Ralph Zekelman" <hyperion@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 >
 > Is there any evidence out there to support the idea that low levels of
 > ozone can cause rusting on iron/steel tools? Thanks.
Sure, but it depends on how low the level, and how long it took to rust
them.
I've heard that low levels of ozone also damage audio tape machines, VCRs,
and other devices which depend on rubber belts or rubber drive wheels.
So don't store your box of latex gloves (or your rubber halloween fetish
costume) in the same room you run your TC?
:)

William J. Beaty                            SCIENCE HOBBYIST website
billb at amasci com                         http://amasci.com
EE/programmer/sci-exhibits   amateur science, hobby projects, sci fair
Seattle, WA  206-789-0775    unusual phenomena, tesla coils, weird sci

--
We specialize in UNIQUE items! Coins shrunk by huge magnetic fields,
Lichtenberg Figures ("Captured Lightning" in acrylic), & Out-of-Print