Re: Which Pspice for the Coiler?

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz" <acmdq@xxxxxxxxxx>

Tesla list wrote:
"Pspice is too slow, big, and complicated. I prefer Switchercad, that is
fast, small, easy to use, and free:
http://www.linear.com/designtools/softwareRegistration.jsp
    I have downloaded and installed it but haven't really taken the time to
understand what it will do.  My first impression was that one couldn't
arbitrarily assign values (both inductance and resistance for example)
to a component such as an inductor and that it was necessary to use
values for commercial components listed by part number.  Am I all wrong
about this?  What can YOU do with it?

You can assign any value for any passive element, and do anything that the classic SPICE can. The program accepts also netlist input, and I find very convenient to use my own schematic editor for complicated circuits (just because I can draw anything very fast with it), and then work with the netlist. For example, try to load and execute this netlist ("File", "Open..."):

Tesla coil
L1 1 0 100E-6
L2 2 0 100E-3
C1 1 3 10E-9