Term in Old Book Title

Original poster: Mddeming@xxxxxxx

Hi,

I recently purchased a book entitled "Electricity & Magnetism - for Higher School Certificate and Intermediate Students." by S. G. Starling 1935 Longman's Green & Co. London.
I am unfamiliar with the term "Higher School Certificate". Being, as Shaw said, "two peoples separated by a common language", perhaps one of our British colleagues could enlighten me as to how the term fit into the overall educational scheme of the Pax Interbelli of the 1930s?

Thanks,

Matt D.