Re: Staccato Problem Solved - I Think

Original poster: FutureT@xxxxxxx

In a message dated 9/7/05 12:37:51 AM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

compared to a conventional spark gap!
   Anyway, I think this project is finally back on track. I'm
surprised nobody has suggested the use of a relay before....

It's good that that's working.  You may have to adjust the phasing
to allow for the turn-on time of the relay.  Listen for a very "solid"
sound to the staccato sparks, and look for minimal branching of
the sparks.  Not sure if you'll be able to hear the sound properly
over the relay noises.  I did do some experiments
with relays a-ways back but didn't have much luck.  I think the
reason no one suggested the relay is because they know that
the SCR is quiet and stable in general.  Not sure what problem
you're having using the SCR.

John