Re: Electricity guy on Ripley's Believe it or Not

Original poster: Mddeming@xxxxxxx

In a message dated 9/9/05 12:01:03 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
I think Ripley's was trying to
"hoodwink" us on this one or maybe they were hoodwinked
theirsleves by this gentleman from India. I figure that
he was probably using a sensitive capacitive feedback
circuit that was triggered by his touching with any part
of his body, much like a touch lamp circuit. Thoughts?

David Rieben

David,

I believe your are correct in your assumption of fakery. As a TV network exec said when challenged on another show's veracity "This is human interest entertainment, not science class."

Matt D>