From: <mailto:tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>Tesla list
To: <mailto:tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, September 15, 2005 5:07 PM
Subject: 8 kHz Tesla Coil

Original poster: Ed Phillips <<mailto:evp@xxxxxxxxxxx>evp@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Here's the design of an 8 kHz TC I whipped up last night:

Diameter:  8 inches, height: 30 inches

101,182 turns of #40 SF wire

Wire length 21,327 feet, weight 0.66 pounds, DC resistance 2237 2 ohms

Inductance 4.1896 henries

Self-capacitance 14.5 uuFd

Resonant frequency unloaded 20.4 kHz

Toroid top load 72" OD, 24" tubing, capacitance ~79.2 uuFd

Resonant frequency loaded = 8.04 kHz

Who wants to build it?

Ed