Re: Noob question

Hi Jim,

At 04:37 PM 9/25/2005, you wrote:

> Original poster: Terry Fritz
>
> Cool!!  But which patents?

Hmm.. I guess I'm talking about 593,138, but with the
addition of the
spark gap or tube switch driven by solid state
electronics.

Cool! I have it here at:

http://hot-streamer.com/TeslaCoils/OtherPapers/TeslaPatents/us000593138.pdf

I will print it out and refresh my memory on this one....

>> I am
>> shooting for 20kHz as
 "I"
> can't guess what it is for?

Dr. Tesla said that 20kHz was an upper end of
operation, that higher
frequencies might be practicable.  Today we see coils
at much higher
frequencies. But his invention brought radiant energy
(aetheric) into
3-d space. This is what I am after. I don't believe
the coils built for
light shows today conform to Dr. Tesla's specification
(which he
stressed must be followed) and so are useful only for
lightning shows. I
want to tap the Radiant energy in the Natural medium.

Ok, you just need to make the coil fairly big (~~2 - 3 feet) and use thin wire to get the frequency really low. Maybe the patent already has this worked out...

I chose the frequency of 20 kHz as a starting point
because that's near
the frequency Stanley Meyer was working at. Can you
guess now what i'm
after? ;-)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanley_Meyer

Ok   :o)

Dr Peter Lindemann's book, "Free energy secrets of
Cold Electricity"
draws close parallels between the thestatika machine,
the EV Gray motor,
and Tesla's coils. Since it's probably easier to wind
a coil than to
build a van degraaf generator and leyden jars and all
the kit, or to
copy Edwin Gray's converter tube, I am exploring this
route to tap the
aether. Ideally my coil will sit in the corner of a
room, completely
quietly filling its collector plate with a positive
electrical charge
and providing at least some electricity for my home.
It is in a sense
the antithesis of most coils built by people on this
list. If anyone has
tried this already, I would love to hear from him and
learn from his
experience.

I trust you are aware that "it might not work" just like "these fellows" say... But making the Tesla coil part should be straight forward.

>>  I figured the secondary has to be
>> about 2.35 mi. in
>> length.
>

> That is the 1/4 wave length of 20kHz...  For Tesla
coils, the 1/4 wave
> length is really NOT important.  But it will take
about that much wire
> to wind a coil with that low of frequency.

I hope no one is offended by my definition of Tesla
coil, but it doesn't
include anything not built to his spec, as closely as
is practicable.

Ok, using exactly 2.35 miles of wire will not hurt anything.

His machines were pure non-oscillating DC impulse
driven. He spoke of
"tens of thousands of horsepower" and of a return of
1000 times the
input energy.

:o)

>> I am not looking for spark length out of this
>> pup,
> If you want to radiate power, a Tesla coil is
probably a poor choice.
> There is a discussion going on about "Tesla Coil RF
Transmitter"...

Radiant power in the aetheric sense. A true Tesla coil
(according to
Tesla's patent cited above) does not emit Hertzian
radio waves, but
something of a different nature entirely. Radiant
energy which can be
picked up by copper plates and used to drive a load
and then the other
wire goes to ground. Brilliant, actually, and probably
more related to
Nathan Stubblefield's work than Marconi's.

Ok, good luck :o) You should maybe keep in the back of your mind that you may want to use it to make sparks sometime though...

> There are programs and as much math as you want for
designing Tesla
> coils, it is pretty easy for the most part.

wow, great. where do i find the proggies?

Bart's big super high power Tesla program and some others are here:

http://www.classictesla.com/

http://www.classictesla.com/java/javatc.html

http://hot-streamer.com/TeslaCoils/Programs/Programs.htm

>> I want to follow Tesla's patent as
>> much as possible
>> (conical secondary and all). How do I figure the
>> capacitance i need for
>> the beastie?

The JAVATC program should be able to tell you. Just let us know if you get stuck. These programs are made to make big spark coils so you will just have the power turned down before the sparks shoot out which is no problem.

Cheers,

Terry