Re: Carbide Inserts for Rotary Electrodes

Resonance Research Corp stocks them in tungsten-moly alloy, 3/8-16 screw in thread designed to screwinto a tapped 1/2 inch dia brass rod x 1.5 inches long. Contact me off-list.

We also stock 1 inch dia. electrodes for the stationary electrodes, tapped 1/2-13 NC.

Dr. Resonance

I am building a larger rotary than my last one, and am realizing (as others
have) that there should be a better solution than carbide drill blanks for
the stationary electrodes.

I am looking for some type of carbide insert, either with a threaded stud
attached (best, so I could just screw it in), or of a type that I could
braze on to a brass rod.  I am looking at 1/2" inch diameter or larger.

Part of the problem is that there is an entire nomenclature used for used
for industrial carbide that I am unfamiliar with. Because I do understand
that for good reasons sources are sometimes not readily shared, even knowing
what brand or type of insert to look for would give me a place to start with
sourcing vendors on my own.

So, any suggestions as to vendors or at least types/brands/configurations to
look for would be most helpful.

Thanks for any suggestions,

Jon