Re: Criss Angel, MindFreak on A&E TV: Video Posted Online

Hi,

I am not sure anyone actually "commercially manufactures" a "shark suit"???... Probably because they are too afraid of a "law suit" ;-)) Them big white sharks look like they would chew it right up :o)))

http://www.tellmewhereonearth.com/Web%20Pages/Sharks/Sharks%20Photos/GW_at_Jaws_Reef_2.JPG

I guess they are made by private folks that like that sort of metal bending stuff. But there is a problem...

Chainmail is made from a ton of little metal rings. They are not hard connected together. So if a tiny spark jumps between each ring and your skin is next to it, you "will" feel it!!! I note Criss said he could feel it tingling him... The trick is to also weave/weld bare stranded wire into the suit too so there is a solid electrical grid in place. No "normal" "shark suit" will work well... Maybe he should have gotten a $100,000 suit ;-)))

KVA Effects is said to have this figured all out, but I don't know any of their secret details beyond guessing... But they do seem to have it figured out ;-)

http://teslacoil.com/html/content/extreme_stunts.htm

Of course, I guess one could argue that suits are for sissies :o)))

Boris said:

>  Maybe KVA can
> kill him??
-----
But that would make harm to the reputation of a TC
device in general...
-----

:o)) It is like the XP convention coil trying to kill Bill Gates :o))) Would they hate us, or "thank" us :o)))))

I realized that.
Have you met her in person  and is that her coil she
uses for the performance ?
----

I have never meet Danielle Stampe. But she is a long time stage performer whose safety certification background goes far beyond the normal!! She says she is a "trained professional" and she "really" is!! She shows up in a lot of strange places and she does know what she is doing... I think Brent Turner made her coil(s).

>  And she also
> knew that it hurts (a little ;-)), but just "get
> over it"...
----
Tell that Rob Krampf.  A TC power arc hurts a whole
lot under the right/wrong circumstances.Once ,he was
almost kicked off of his TC platform,and lived to tell
about it.His coil is less than 1000 VA powered.
Danielle's coil seems more powerful.

http://hot-streamer.com/temp/Bob_Krampf.jpg

He says it is really loud!! His school demonstrations are a bit lower powered. But I think he is going on "30 years" now!!! No suit there =:O

Rob says it has not hurt his brain after 30 years... Dean Ortner is still alive too:

http://www.wondersofscience.org/sfs/BIO2.HTM

But I note Dean has turned down the power these days....

Of course, the "human fireball game" impresses us all!! But just like Evil Kenevil breaking is back for the Xth time, these people are playing with death every day... Just because anyone can go but a motorcycle that can jump at 200MPH over cars, does not mean that we all do it!! Sometimes people do!! And sometimes they die...

As suits go. HV places like GE use them all the time for power line work and worker safety during testing... But it is "proprietary"...

Cheers,

        Terry