spang 20KVA staurable reactor on site.

Hello All,

I Just picked up the Spang Reactor from shipping from back east. It was
actually reasonable. It is rated at 20KVA 480V and only 90 volts DC at 2
amps saturates it! It is rated at 5% rated output at zero bias for lack of a
better term... It has been raining here a lot lately so it is still in the
back of the PU.

Hmm, the schematic shows the two output phases in series phase and tied back
together but the input appears to be one continues winding (maybe for
convience) which would be bad as it needs to be to be 2 windings out of
phase and tied together. This so one phase is not favored by like polarity.
This is as I understand it anyway. Comments welcome.

I don't know how Terry feels about links to a Google blog site but its
supper easy to make a web site and you can see a clear picture on the inside
of the Nema case. 375 lbs worth of pig iron and copper.
http://saturablereactor.blogspot.com I explain a little how I plan to test
it there; and, I'll take some scope pictures on the output as it starts to
saturate.

Regards,
Jim Mora