effects of rectification on NST resonant cap sizing

Original poster: Just Justin <rocketfuel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Greetings,

I'm about to replace my Maxwell cap with an MMC for a 12kV/90mA NST
that is soon to be a 12kV/120mA, using the 942C20P15K caps.

Before I knew better, I built a high voltage bridge rectifier, thinking
that I would try a DC coil.  (Now I realize that AC is just fine for a
static gapped coil).

Today I am wondering what effect rectifying the NST output would be on
the resonant tank cap value.  It seems that if the frequency were
considered to be 120Hz, the resonant cap size would go down and the MMC
could be built smaller (with static gap break frequency going up).
But, my intuition says that this would be getting something for nothing
and so there must be a misconception somewhere...

Thoughts?

Justin