Re: trantorque gt for rsg motor attachment and maybe electrodes?

Original poster: FIFTYGUY@xxxxxxx

In a message dated 4/3/06 2:23:32 AM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

>Do a google on trantorque gt.
>Lots of folks have them and specs. One would
>think that G10 would be strong enough?certainly
>they would be excellent for the motor attachmment.

That is an interesting idea - would require only a single accurately centered hole in the center of the rotor, and would eliminate the motor shaft key as well. And yes, interesting for electrodes as well! If I used a Trantorque on a good-sized RSG rotor, I'd be sure to semi-permanently lock everything with retaining compound (like Locktite RC 609) just to be sure nothing slipped or loosened up...

-Phil LaBudde