From: <mailto:tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>Tesla list
To: <mailto:tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sunday, April 02, 2006 11:13 PM
Subject: Power output loss

Original poster: <mailto:otmaskin5@xxxxxxx>otmaskin5@xxxxxxx

I could use some advice.  Recently, I'getting a significant drop in
output as I dial up the variac.  I start getting sparks at the 80v
setting, as usual.  But then, as I increase the variac voltage, the
coil doesn't increase spark output proportionately as it used
to.  Might even decrease at higher variac settings ~120-130v.

Dennis Hopkinton, MA