Re: trantorque gt for rsg motor attachment and maybe electrodes?

Original poster: FIFTYGUY@xxxxxxx
Folks-

    WRT using Trantorque keyless bushings for retaining the flying electrodes:

Prices are about $25-$30 each for Trantorques for 1/4" or 3/8" bores, respectively. With eight flying electrodes on yur rotor, that's $240 in parts just to mount the electrodes. A lot more than $1 worth of setscrews.

    WRT using Trantorques for the hub:

For the same $35-$40, you can use a heavier-duty expanding bushing design. I've heard them commonly referred to as "Ringfedders". Instead of a single hex nut to tighten, they use a ring of several socket-head cap screws, but same overall principle. Ringfedders are rated for roughly twice the torque of the Trantorques (in the same bore size), and I've seen them widely used in some *very* heavy-duty applications without any slippage or failure whatsoever.

-Phil LaBudde