RE: potential gain vs. power in TC systems

Original poster: "Hooper, Christopher AZ" <christopher.az.hooper@xxxxxxxxx>

Good day great coilers,

I know Steve has built a DRSSTC magi, but I have not had an opportunity
to sit down and talk him about his results. I also know that Colin in UK
is working on a small one. My concern is the current is so high and the
voltage is low on DRSSTC, the flash over would be a handful. Major
insulation would be the focus between the primary and the first
secondary. I am working on the 48kva DRSSTC coil now,  if I can keep the
flash over in control, a big Magi DRSSTC would be a fun project indeed.
Would the extra work of a seconded secondary give longer sparks,
hmmmmmmm, that would have to been look at? Also another concern is I
plan on traveling with the big DRSSTC and more components to care for
would be a factor. I guess this will have to be a nice talk with Steve
Ward when I come to the Cheesehead thon, as our cell phone minutes are
burning now on the 48kva DRSSTC.

Cheers,
Christopher R.