Re: Ammeters and Voltmeters

Original poster: Gregory Morris <gbmorris@xxxxxxxxx>

Heh, yeah, I guess that was pretty obvious. It just shows how new I still am to this, but thank you for the tip anyhow, I will give it a try.

The question still stands, however: where do coilers usually get such devices? They seem few and far between.

Greg

Tesla list wrote:

Hi Gregory,

I would think you ought to be able to modify them to work. Something like a rectifying diode, resister, and capacitor (if needed). You will need to recalibrate them with the resistor value easy to compare to a DMM.

Gerry R.

Original poster: Gregory Morris <gbmorris@xxxxxxxxx>

Hi,

I'm wondering what is the best source for voltmeters and ammeters (such as for a control panel)? They probably come up on e-bay on occasion, but is there any sure source that coilers like to use or find work well?

I have a DC ammeter as well as a DC voltmeter from an old piece of equipment, but I suspect that it's probably not possible to convert them to AC...is it?

Thanks,
Greg