Re: Stacked Primarys

Hi Godfrey,

http://www.laushaus.com/tesla/primary.htm

Pete uses the standard Wheeler equation (multiturn).

He is calculating an inductance for 2 identical spirals and pulling in the mutual inductance for the total dual primary inductance. The accuracy is probably good at near distances, but may fall off if large separation distances were imposed (hard to say without measurement).

Take care,
Bart

Tesla list wrote:

Original poster: "Godfrey Loudner" <ggreen@xxxxxxxx>

Is there something new here? Where can we study Pete's derivations?

Godfrey Loudner

I had a little "java" fun today with Pete's Spreadsheet.
http://www.classictesla.com/java/2layer/duallayer.html

care,
Bart