RE: Primary coil configuration

Original poster: "Lau, Gary" <Gary.Lau@xxxxxx>

I agree with John Freau's post - there's a limit to how high one may
mount the toroid above the secondary, and it works best if you have a
smaller toroid just above the secondary and the main, larger one above
that.  I also believe that there's a limit to the "bang size" (1/2 C
V**2) that may be applied to a given secondary, above which you'll get
racing sparks.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA