Damage to idle tc

Original poster: "MIKE HARDY" <MHARDY@xxxxxxxxxx>

When I run my 4" coil in the garage, I notice sparks between the primary tap cable, and the metal trim (an old formica tabletop) that is on the base board of my 6" coil that is not running. I took a closer look, and realised the 600v rubber insulation had burned thru, and actually burned into the formica, and wood. I was thinking this might be causing damage to my tank cap (3 X 0.22uF, 20kV maxwells in serirs) . Anyone noticed any such problems?