RE: Physics of Wireless Transmission

Original poster: "David Thomson" <dwt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Gerry,

> I believe, there can be a static e field that varies with
> position and be a "pure electric field".  However, any E
> field that varies with time (aka electric wave) involves
> movement of charge that in turn creates an H field. Time
> varying E fields are always accompanied by a time varying H
field.

> Even a static E field in one frame of reference will be a
> time varying E field in another moving frame of reference.

I'm purchasing a rife machine to experiment with the physics.
This particular device uses a two coil, high potential oscillator
to generate an electrostatic field in a spherical plasma tube.
The electrostatic field can be further modulated with a frequency
generator.  I plan to experiment with induced Zenneck waves on
nearby copper spheres.

You seem to be saying that the resonated electrostatic field is a
pure electric field, but that if I run toward the electrostatic
field I will see an H field.  What is the point of that exercise?
My perception of the H field doesn't change the physics of what
is happening around the plasma tube.

Tesla resonated the electrostatic field of the Earth.  No matter
how fast we run or fly around the Earth we will still see only an
electrostatic field.  Perhaps an observer on Mars would at times
see an H field, but what relevance does this have to the physics
as experienced from Earth?

As I demonstrated in my combination coil experiment, the
resonated electrostatic field is a series of standing waves over
the surface of the sphere.  Although the standing waves appear
stationary, they are actually pulsing at a rapid rate, probably
at the rate of the spark gap or a multiple of it.

Perhaps it is the pulsing aspect of the electrostatic resonance
you are referring to as appearing as an H field?  It would appear
that Tesla did harness the pulsing electrostatic field with
coils, which is how he built his receivers.

Thus the wireless transmission of power did not take place
through electromagnetic radiation, but through electrostatic
resonance.  It was only at the receiver that the power was
harnessed through electromagnetism.

Since the electrostatic field has a vertical pulse (with respect
to the Earth) at the nodes, it likely has a horizontal pulse
(with respect to a surface line between the transmitter and
receiver) at the antinodes (not antipode).  Thus, it may be
necessary to adjust the orientation of the receiving coil based
upon its location on the surface of the Earth.

Dave