Re: Physics of Wireless Transmission

Original poster: Mark Fergerson <mfergerson1@xxxxxxx>

<delurk>

Tesla list wrote:
Original poster: "Bob (R.A.) Jones" <a1accounting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

If magnetic fields are just relativistic effects of electrostatic fields,
what are the equivalent relativistic effects of gravity,

Look up "Lense-Thirring Effect". It's hard to observe because the gravitational coupling constant is so very small, and we'd need to accumulate and wave around extremely dense masses really quickly in order to do tabletop observations. OTOH if you have enough mass and relatively undisturbed spacetime to work with, it's measurable:

http://www.sciencemag.org/cgi/content/abstract/279/5359/2100

 the weak and strong forces fields.

There may not be any Relativistic-equivalent effects _to_ observe for those forces. The gravitational and EM forces are long-range whereas the other two are short-range; I've seen "unofficial" speculation that there simply may not be room for Relativity to assert itself in the tiny volumes these forces operate over.

Note also there are other apparent "logical disconnects" that prevent us from finding a "simple" TOE; the charges of three of the forces are easily quantizable whereas mass is not. There is a strong possibility that what we call "mass" and "gravitation" are not fundamental properties of "stuff" but are rather emergent from any accumulation of "stuff" fitting the math of the stress-energy-momentum tensor equations. This would be roughly analogous to the EM force being emergent from the short-range weak force, which is usually stated as the two forces being different aspects of a single force we now know to call the "Electroweak force". IOW anything that elevates a patch of vacuum from its ground state (energy passing through it, particles sitting within it) produces a deformation of spacetime we call "gravitation".

Also there's wave-particle "duality" to deal with; massive particles have been demonstrated to exhibit wave behavior. And not just single electrons a la the two-slit experiment which with electrons and whole C60 molecules is old news; have you ever heard of the "atom laser"?

http://cua.mit.edu/ketterle_group/Projects_1997/atomlaser_97/atomlaser_comm.html

  In another post you wrote:

  When people are ready to investigate my
theory to see if it is of any use, I'll be glad to present it.

And it was pointed out to you that first it must address all other known effects before going on to "new" explanations.

Does your theory address predictively any aspect of quantization or either of the Relativities? The Lense-Thirring effect? Matter waves? Neutrino oscillations?

If not, start over. If so, please just put it on a webpage for everyone's perusal. This is about the _science_, not personal aggrandizement.

Now, physics this fundamental may be seen as off-topic for the Tesla group, but I'd like to point out that there are many "mysterious" aspects of coiling; the fact that coil forms can store charge was seen as a mystery until recently, the "racing sparks" phenomenon that hasn't really been explained to everyone's satisfaction, and so on (BTW, I think the two phenomena may be related; has anyone looked to see what the charge distribution is on "charged" coilforms? Do these regions correspond at all to the sites where racing sparks preferentially strike?). There well may be more fairly well-known problems in coiling that can be solved by a deeper understanding of How The Universe Works, like detailed particle physics telling us how to build better spark gaps.

</relurk>

  Mark L. Fergerson