Re: low-cost source for copper tubing?

Original poster: Gomez Addams <gomezaddams@xxxxxxxxx>

On Aug 10, 2006, at 2:52 PM, Tesla list wrote:

Original poster: "Thomas Coyle" <zxcasd@xxxxxxxxx>

Ebay's always been my favorite place. There seem to be HVAC
contractors going out of business regularly or dumping surplus
copper from jobs. Shipping is usually high, but I recall last year
paying about 1/4-1/3 Home Depot pricing even including the
shipping. As always with The Bay, the key is to be patient and keep
your eyes open for the hot deal. I also find myself browsing the
categories directly - every so often you'll find someone who
misspells a listing, so no one ever finds it through normal
searches. In this case, a good place to start would be Home &
Garden / Heating, Cooling & Air.

I use eBay extensively (both buying and selling), but getting exactly
what one wants there, for a price one is willing to pay, usually
means running an automated search for a long time.  I've already got
a search going, just in case, but nothing meeting my criteria  has
turned up yet.

I'm champing at the bit to maintain my momentum on this coil, and I'm
not sure how long I'm willing to wait for the primary material.

 - B(G)L

.