To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, August 10, 2006 3:57 PM
Subject: Large Series Gap

Original poster: "Cameron B. Prince" <cplists@xxxxxxxxxx>

Hey guys,

I've been working on a large series gap for my pole pig driven coil and I
have a few questions.

My prototype can be seen here:

http://www.teslauniverse.com/members/cprince/images/seriesgap/

It's using five 2.25 inch O.D. brass nipples for four gaps maximum. My main
concern is the gap distance. As you will see in the photos, a standard sheet
of paper will just barely slide between some of the gaps. The others are
slightly wider. I tried my best to maintain tolerances, but it's very
difficult to drill the 7.25 inch PVC couple properly even with a press.

My other concerns are the number of gaps. Is four going to be enough?

Any thoughts, suggestions or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Cameron