From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, August 24, 2006 5:32 PM
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Units of electricity

Original poster: Jared E Dwarshuis <jdwarshui@xxxxxxxxx>

Hi Jared,

Didn't Tesla himself use the old mechanical analogies for tuned circuit,
i.e. likening them to a mass on spring with friction,  referring to
things like impedance as inertia, or am i mistaken here?  I have often
noted the similarities between mechanical and electrical systems.  Take
for example the energy stored in a capacitor E=1/2CV^2  (c=capacitance,
v=voltage) and then look at the energy in a moving object E=1/2MV^2
(m=mass, v=velocity).  I agree with you, but it would be nice to see
these things worked out from first principles.

Thanks

Chris R