From: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, August 24, 2006 8:13:29 PM
Subject: Re: Back to the basics - tuning techniques

Hi,

Probably the info you seek is here:

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/teslatutorial/MEASUREMENTS.htm

Or here:

http://www.classictesla.com/java/javatc.html

The streamer load is about 2pF/foot in series with 220K once past the
diameter of the top terminal.  That can be used directly to calculate
the streamer load and the lower primary tuning to compensate for
it.  All these numbers and programs can probably "calculate" better
than you can "measure" ;-))

Programs like ScanTesla can probably give numbers far more accurately
still...  But your splitting hairs there ;-))  Unless you have
crystal referenced measurement machines, "be happy" with the above ;-))

Cheers,

         Terry