bug zapper

Original poster: Mike <megavolts61@xxxxxxxxx>

Hi all,
I picked up a working bug zapper at a garage sale yesterday...Cost me a whole dollar. :) Does anyone know the output voltage of these things? It appears as though it might make a good transformer for a mini coil. Better question might be, has anyone tried one and found it to be suitable for a coil? If not, I have plenty of hv diodes and caps and might consider making a CW multiplier and playing around with a lifter or something else fun.
Thanks,
Mike