Re: Hello and a question on SSTC principles

Original poster: "Michael H Nolley" <nolleym@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hello all!  It's been a few years since I've posted on this list.  I was
the one working on the Poulsen Arc implimentation a number of years ago.
In the mean time, I have built a successfull audio modulated VTTC, and I
just recently built a flyback driver based on the ZVS Royer circuit.  My
question is simple:  Is it possible to "plate modulate" a circuit like
this by modulating the rail current?  Essentially, to drive the entire
circuit from a powerful audio amplifier?  The circuit is found here:

http://uzzors2k.googlepages.com/mazzilli_zvs.png

Even at high amplitudes, methinks this circuit could withstand a 200W
stereo system easily, but I wanted to check on this before I tried it.

--Mike Nolley"

What ever happened to your arc experiments? Did you ever consider powering a small TC from your arc oscillator?

Ed