Elmo and quarter wave coils (fwd)

Original poster: Gerry Reynolds <greynolds@xxxxxxxxxx>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 09:43:17 -0500
From: Jared Dwarshuis <jdwarshuis@xxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Elmo and quarter wave coils

Hi Jared,

Out of curiosity and NOT to get anyone's feathers ruffled or to be a
"stinker". I am actually curious:

I realize that you are looking at coils from a different perspective
than the norm and I don't discredit you for doing that. I think that is
refreshing.

However, when you post, it's simply here's my formula for wire length.
If you have the ability to spell out in layman's terms what is new to
your physics, could you please state out the new physics so that the
rest of us on the list who are not so "educated" can understand what you
are saying? In other words, what is wrong with the current laws of
physics and what is new?

Take care,
Bart

Hi: Bart

Circuit length started to become a problem back in the days  of telegraphy (
see  Oliver Heaviside). It's still a problem for computer chip makers where
distances are tiny but frequency is very high.

Most circuit theory disregards path length. When  Charles Proteus Steinmetz
applied complex numbers to the analysis of alternating current, he gave the
stern warning, that path length would need to be considered in cases where
the frequency is high and the distances are large. (this warning was lost
somewhere along the way)

Hard to say what is new in physics with any clarity, as many ideas that have
been proposed and have become obscure over time.

I will see if I can find the time this weekend to write down a
layman's  explanation
and submit it for your perusal. Sort of rough at times, I have a daughter
who likes to watch kid's shows, and nothing will derail your thoughts like
Elmo.

For now: Jared Dwarshuis