Re: Some interesting photos regarding Tesla from the Edison archive... (fwd)

Original poster: Gerry Reynolds <greynolds@xxxxxxxxxx>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 16:55:55 -0700
From: resonance <resonance@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Some interesting photos regarding Tesla from the Edison archive...
    (fwd)

Tesla's work was geared toward his dream of lighting up globes with higher
and higher frequency currents to eliminate thermal losses.  At first he
built very high frequency (for his day) mechanical alternators that produced
high frequency currents, and that eventually lead to him hooking up one of
these high freq alternators to a transformer, and, eventually he discovered
removing the iron core produced even greater outputs.

He was keenly aware of Lord Kelvin's experiments with condensors as well,
and started experimenting with the idea of a capacitor to produce the higher
and higher frequency currents he was searching for.

Britts Oliver and Lodge were also given considerable credit along with Tesla
for the tuned circuit concept.

Tesla's primary goal was HF current globe lighting and later changed to
wireless pursuits.

Dr. Resonance