To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2006 8:52 PM
Subject: Re: Homemade Voltage Divider

Original poster: Yurtle Turtle <yurtle_t@xxxxxxxxx>

I used to use my 15/120:

http://www.hot-streamer.com/adam/garage/NST_15-120a.jpg

with a set of x-ray diodes:

http://www.hot-streamer.com/adam/garage/diodes_125_kV_1_amp_1.jpg

http://www.hot-streamer.com/adam/garage/diodes_125_kV_1_amp_2.jpg

to charge up mine. I simply used my DMM with a HV
probe to measure cap voltage, and a variac to control
the voltage. Once I was charged, I disconnected the
DMM and the PSU and fired it. I found that if I ramp
up the voltage pretty fast then turn it down as I get
close to your target voltage, I could get pretty
close. Since my NST is current limited, you may have
to slowly ramp up your bombarder. You can always put
an amp clamp on the bombarder LV side, just to see
what's going on.

Adam