RE: Saturable Reactor Ballast for TC from MOT's, or heavier 3 phase Transformers.

Hi Aaron, Et Al,

I cross posted an interest in this discussion to the HV list a few weeks ago
as I would like to get the 1256D variac and arc welder out of the picture. I
have a three phase plate transformer en route from the Midwest (I'm in ca.).
I plan to use for multi 833a in the future but it is close to what you are
talking about 240V in 5KV out rated at 1 amp, 70Lbs worth. I figure the
outside windings have to be DC opposing but I don't know the math to calc
this as I stated in my previous post. I have a 5KVA 14,400 pig and a number
of dummy 240v loads up to 13,500 watts @240v if you or someone can give me
some guidance on the DC side, I'll try to lash this thing up as you suggest.
I'll measure the inductance when it arrives which should be within a week.

Regards,
Jim Mora
Ojai, Ca.